New Virtual Classroom Launching on the 25th of July - Important Points to Note
The much awaited new Virtual Classroom is finally set for launch on Sunday, the 25th of July 2010. We sincerely thank all the teachers who have helped us with their valuable feedback and suggestions for the new look and feature-rich Virtual Classroom. The new Virtual Classroom has been designed specially for teachers and students, and offers ease-of-use, a rich look-and-feel experience, and smooth interaction.
With only few days left for its launch, we suggest that you start getting acquainted with the new Virtual Classroom right away to get a seamless experience in your future classes. Try the new Virtual Classroom by following the link below or just copy and paste in your browser directly:
You can also send a request for a demo and one of our technical support executives will get back to you shortly to help you on the new Virtual Classroom. A personal invitation will be sent once you confirm your slot for the demo. So please reserve your slot at the earliest by writing to us at email@example.com.
After the launch, all the classes that you have already scheduled will use the new Virtual Classroom by default.
Important points to note:
1) There will be a downtime between 3:30 AM and 7:30 AM (GMT) and 9:00AM to 1:00PM (IST) on Sunday, the 25th of July 2010 due to the upload of new Virtual Classroom to the WiZiQ's server. During this time, you would neither be able to access the website, nor schedule a class. We also request you to make sure that you do not have any class scheduled between the above mentioned downtime. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.
2) Our new virtual classroom works with flash player version 10.0.42.34 and above. You can download and install the latest flash player from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ for version 10.1.53.64
Here are some enhancements:
1. Improved Audio and Video
• View videos of four participants simultaneously
• Enjoy much improved, latency-free audio
2. Feature-rich Whiteboard and Interface
• Cut/copy/paste, group, ungroup, bring objects back/forth, or rotate the shapes on the whiteboard
• Rename whiteboards
• Change the background colors of the whiteboard
• Add a grid to the background for drawings
• Minimize or move windows within the whiteboard area
• Use emoticons in your chat
• Handle the new ‘File’ and ‘Edit’ menus
3. New-look Media Player
• Select videos from your playlist history in the content library
Also, the new Virtual Classroom adjusts to your screen resolution automatically on launch.
We look forward to your feedback and hope that the new Virtual Classroom fulfils all your online teaching needs.